This Policy explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you access our Site and Services. By using our Site and Services, you consent to the collection and use of information as set forth in this Policy.
In this Policy, references to ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ means Veridu Limited (“Veridu”).
References to ‘you’ or ‘User’ means the individual accessing the Site.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
Veridu is an identity verification service developed to put you in control of how your personal information is accessed by third parties. With your consent, Veridu gathers certain personal information about you for the purpose of creating a unique Profile (“Veridu Profile”). Your Veridu Profile may subsequently be accessed by our authorised clients to authenticate your identity.
By accessing our Site and Services, you allow Veridu to provide our authorised clients with access to your Veridu Profile.
Clients, who are granted permission to access your Veridu Profile for the sole purpose of verifying your identity, must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.
How do we collect personal information about you?
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Information from social media services. We receive information about you from social network providers, such as Amazon, Facebook, PayPal, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Document uploads. We collect your personal data from formal identity documents, like a Passport, Driving License, or Birth Certificate.
- Credit Rating Agencies. We may partner with third party credit rating agencies like Experian and LexisNexis to obtain identity information contained within your credit record.
- Things you do and provide. Personal information that you have submitted through completing online forms, details of the site you are on when initiating the Service, and your activity using our Site or Services.
- Information provided by our clients. Information provided to us by our clients to help create your Veridu profile.
- Web data extraction. We may access information about you as publically available on the internet.
What personal information do we gather about you?
We collect personal information that may include without limitation your name, contact details (e.g. email address, phone number), social security number, educational background, financial details, details of certificates and diplomas, education and skills, marital status, nationality, job title, CV.
The provision of information by you is entirely voluntary. You may, however, choose not to submit information or prevent our access to your information by bypassing the service and/or visit our Site anonymously. You can always refuse to supply personal identifiable information, but this may prevent you from completing your transactions engaging in certain activities.
Cookies and other similar tracking devices
We may collect non-personal identifiable information about you whenever you interact with our Site and Services. Non-personal identifiable information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our Site and Services, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
When you use our Site and Services we may gather information about you through internet access logs, cookies and other technical means. ‘Cookies’ are text files placed on your computer to collect internet log information and user behaviour information. These are used to track website usage and monitor website activity and for other data processing reasons set out below.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the Site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this Site, but parts of the Site may not work.
Our Site contains links to other websites. This Policy applies exclusively to this Site so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies and customer service policies.
How we use your personal data
Your Veridu profile, used to verify your identity, can be shared with clients you authorise. By using any of the Veridu services within the website or application of our clients you authorize this client to access your Veridu profile. We may also disclose your personal data to trusted third parties who are integral to the operation of our Site and Services for a variety of purposes in connection with providing our Site & Services to you.
Our authorized clients and trusted third parties must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Policy, the agreements we enter into with them and applicable data protection rules and regulations.
Direct Access our Site & Services
We use your personal data for the purpose of:
- Gaining full access to the Veridu.com website;
- To personalise user experience. Allow us and our clients to provide you with recommendations, display personalised content and recognise you as a member among other customised features and services provided;
- To improve our Site & Services;
- To process payments. We and our clients may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services;
- To send periodic emails. We and our clients may use your email address to send you information and updates. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us using the details provided below.
Credit Reference Agencies
To enable us to create a Veridu profile for you and members of your household for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may release account and other personal information for the purpose of complying with the law and for fraud protection.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers both within European Economic Area (“EEA”) and outside the EEA, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this. Rest assured that when your personal data is transferred to countries outside the EEA we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information transmitted; and
- we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. You can read more about our approach to security here https://veridu.com/wiki/Security_Procedures.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to date for the purposes for which it was collected. You have the ability to object to the processing of your personal data if such processing is not reasonably required for a legitimate business purpose as described in this Policy or our compliance with law. If you wish to contact us regarding our use of your personal data or object to the processing of your personal data, please email at using the details provided below. Requests to delete personal data will be subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on us.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected]. Our registered office is:
- Veridu LTD
- Co. No. 8885008
- 9th floor, 107 Cheapside
- London, EC2V 6DN
- United Kingdom.
You acknowledge that Veridu Limited may periodically change, modify, add, remove or otherwise update this Policy at its discretion without prior notification. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access our Site & Services.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using our Site and Services, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our Site and/or Services. Your continued use of our Site and/or Service following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.